Whilst we’re on the subject of listening to what geology can teach us, Grrlscientist has uncovered a pretty cool video, entitled ‘Why Geology?’, from the American Geological Institute.
There’s something that might be a magnetometer hidden in there somewhere – see if you can spot it. I also fully agree with the contention at the end that everyone – not just those wanting to become geologists – should learn a bit about how the planet works. Of course, since you’re here, you probably already agree with that…
Search this blog
- 28-ish days of #sciwrite are over, but we’ve got momentum
- Final throes of 28 days of #sciwrite
- GeoKid shows us Antarctica
- 28 days of #sciwrite: Half way there?
- 1 week down, 3 to go on 28 days of #sciwrite
- 28 days of #sciwrite
- Augers v. Augurs
- Antarctica field log: Penguin Island? Surely you mean Volcano Island!
- On 28-ish days of #sciwrite are over, but we’ve got momentum:
- Jill Marshall: The 28 days of #sciwrite tuned into 28 + 6 days – but all goals met! First part was easy-... Read
- Tara C Smith: Nice! Ended up finishing a big-ass manuscript and getting that off my plate (after about 8 months... Read
- EarthSciProf: My goals were: 1) Write and submit Goldschmidt abstract for Feb. 8 (now done). 2) Revise and... Read
- John Leeman: Abstract is ready to submit today and waiting on co-author reviews for a paper! Sadly, due to the... Read
- Laura Guertin: My end of week 3 ended with a happy detour and happy dance! http://sites.psu.edu/geotwt... Read
- Anne Senter: Well I’m likely not at the halfway mark for my goal of getting a draft completed of my second... Read
- Leonardo Uieda: I’m also a bit slow on the progress. In 2 weeks I’ve only been able to complete 1... Read
- John Leeman: It’s coming along but slowly. Progress was hindered by some experimental work, but this week... Read