The first Accretionary Wedge was a big success, with major kudos due to Brian (who is also celebrating his first blogiversary) for doing the necessary cat-herding to make it happen. Now discussion is underway to organising the next few editions – we need hosts, and topic ideas, and people motivated enough to write relevant posts. Head over here to join the conversation.
Search this blog
- The geodetic fingerprints of shallow thrusting in Nepal
- Of time and rivers flowing
- A year of Anne’s reading…reporting from 2 months in
- Going Green (Infrastructure): Opportunities to join Anne’s research group
- One year ago today: blue skies over Cape Horn
- One year ago yesterday: volcanoes and fossils and elephant seals, oh my!
- Sumatra +10: contemplating the power of tsunami
- One year ago today: Christmas in Antarctica with the Americans and Brits
- On A year of Anne’s reading…reporting from 2 months in:
- Christina Pikas: I really enjoyed The Signature of All Things… had not really thought much about mosses. Read
- Lockwood: My great-great grandfather and namesake, Charles Brown Lockwood, wrote in his short autobiography... Read
- Anne Jefferson: Thanks, Nina! We had a lot of fun going back through our journals and photos and culling nearly... Read
- Nina F: Wow. Thank so much, Anne, for your postings from Antarctica. I have enjoyed them all. The images are... Read
- Lockwood: Tweeted this earlier WRT the In Focus photo piece: “Very glad people/cities have recovered so... Read